Alexander castle is an edifice that is mostly built using iron and wood. It was built during 1879 by the Moharaj Surjo Kanta Acharya Chodhury(মহারাজ সুর্যকান্ত আচার্য চৌধুরী). As most of the portion was built using Iron, local people used to call this as Lohar Kuthi(লোহার কুঠি). Though the building is nothing at our modern time. But the entice value is priceless. That's why lot of tourists use to visit here everyday.
It is a nice small archaic building having two Greek statue at either sides of the front gate. Though the arms of those statues are currently broken, but still those look great. The whole building is placed over a high plinth, probably to avoid the flood from the nearness river.
It had been using as a rest house for the guests at that time. Famous people like our great poet Rabindranath Tagore(রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর), Lord Curzon, and many more delegates have stayed there during their visit.
How to go:
It is located at the main city, also near to the great river Brahmaputra(ব্রহ্মপুত্র নদ). Any visitor on this town can easily visit this area by having a walk or using a rickshaw. It is currently being used as a library of Teacher's Training College. GPS coordinate of the place is (24°45'44.13"N, 90°24'10.96"E). FYI, it is also very near to the Town Hall Mor(মোড়) of the town.