Sunday, December 9, 2012

Places of Interest, district Tangail


Share at Facebook

Tangail(টাঙ্গাইল) has lot of unique things that will force you to consider about a traveling on this district. The Sweets, locally knows as Chomchom(চমচম) are probably the sweetest sweets from Bangladesh(according to my judgement). Also, the unique smell of those fresh sweets I have never found anywhere in Bangladesh. The Taat Shari(তাঁতের শাড়ি) of Tangail(টাঙ্গাইল) is cherished among the women from both Bangladesh and India. My idol, the magnanimous RP Shaha(আর পি সাহা) was born in this district. Lot of landlords ruled at different parts of this district, and their old mansions are still available there. Possibly this district has the most Jamidar(জমিদার) mansion from Bangladesh. Finally, during the liberation war of 1971, this district had played an important role.


I had a chance to pass more than 4 years of my boyhood at this magnificent district. Though this is not my home district, but still I feel like home whenever I enter this district.


Popular locations for visit:


It is not possible to visit this district in a single day, even though you do it hastily. This is another huge district from Bangladesh, and most of the tourist attractions are scattered all over the district. Following link has the places I have visited from the district: http://icwow.blogspot.com/search/label/tangail


Where to Stay:


I didn't stay at any hotel during my visiting here. But it has several classy expensive hotels and resorts like Jamuna(যমুনা) Resort, Alenga(এলেঙ্গা) Resort, Royal Resort, etc. For low quality hotels, you can look around the old or new Bus stand of the main town.


How to Reach:


From Mohakhali(মহাখালী) bus terminal, several buses use to run for this district. It takes around 2-3 hours to reach there. Probably the Nirala(নিরালা) is the best service. After that Jhotila(ঝটিকা), Dhaleswari(ধলেশ্বরী) can be second choice. Also, you can go there by train, but I don't know much about locomotive services.


No comments:

Post a Comment