Thursday, August 19, 2010

Places of Interest, district Madaripur


Share at Facebook

Madaripur is a part of Dhaka division from Bangladesh. This is just at other side of the river Padma. Its around 4 hours bus travel distance from Dhaka city. You can enjoy your day, or two for your weekend vacation.

Popular locations for visit:

If you are planning to visit the Madaripur town, you can check the "places of interest", or "must see" items from the link http://icwow.blogspot.com/search/label/madaripur. Also if you visited any other places from Madaripur, that is not listed at my link, that case you can add that here as comment.

Where to Stay:

Its a bit hard to find a quality hotel from this district. The best hotels from the town is located at Old Market("Puran Bazar"). One is "Hotel Boishakhi" and another one is "Hotel Shaikat". I have stayed my night at second one. It has both A/C and Non-AC rooms. But I think the Hotel manager cheated me. He didn't notified me that the hotel cost are excluded with 15% VAT. That actually hurt me. So careful about this issue.

Hotel: Hotel Shaikat
Phone: 01914467258

How to reach:

Its only around 4-5 hours journey from Dhaka. There are several ways you can reach the district. One option is use "Sharbik" bus service that starts from the "Babu Bazar" bridge of Old Dhaka. Also other options are using bus to Mawa, and then cross the river with Speed Boat. Then take local buses or public micro buses. Second option will speed up your time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey...bro...when did u visit madaripur last time?!...now come here again...you'll find totally changed madaripur... :)....this is 2014!....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 2010 when I have visited the Madaripur. Yeah things are changing quickly accruing the years. Still I feel that its yesterday I have visited there.

    ReplyDelete