Saturday, August 28, 2010

Khagrachhori: The NewZeland Cafe


Share at Facebook

Saturday, 31st July 2010



It was the first day and today I have visited the places which were the main attractions for my tour. Most cases I used to visit these types of places at the very first day. So, I was damn tired today. I didn't have any dinner, only had a heavy breakfast. So need to eat something.



I was aware about the "New Zealand Cafe" at "New Zealand Para" of the town. I have read about the cafe from an article at a leading Daily Newspaper from Bangladesh. Also I had the paper cutting with me. So decided to taste the cafe, and the places which are at the proximity.




Its not far from the main town. Just around 15-20 taka rickshaw fare from bus terminal. The place is really beautiful. One side is a mountain, and other side is a paddy field. That means a flatland, and a mountain are at juxtapose. I have never seen such beauty at my life.



The naming of the place as New Zealand is interesting. One day a guy felt like the air of this place seems like Newzealand. From there it picked that name. But interestingly that guy have never vissted that country. He just watched a cricket match at TV, and the game was playing at a windy day. So he thought that air and the air at TV are same. Funny anyway.



I'm not telling you that the taste of the food is really awesome. But under the natural beauty, and the decoration will let you forget that lagging. The decoration of the restaurant is simple. Few benches under the open air. Few benches under the shades made from straws. Very very simple decoration, but the beauty is really bewitching. Also there is a kid zone which is really simple, but excellent.



They used to serve food quickly, and while taking your foods, you can enjoy the beauty. I have seen the local farmers were planting the paddy at the fields at my time. You can find they are harvesting at your time. After having the food, take a small walk at the wide meandered path that went through the paddy fields. If you want to visit the place, better go at afternoon, otherwise you'll miss the beauty. Also during afternoon, not only Bengali people, but also the tribal people used to have a gossip at that place.



By the way, price of the foods are as usual. They are not taking any high price from you. Also being a traveler/tourist, you can have some discount, if they like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment