Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sonargaon: Sultan Ghiyasuddin Azam Shah's Tomb


Share at Facebook

Saturday, 01st May 2010

Well, for this weekend, at the first day on May, the day for the workers, I have decided to pass my day at Sonargaon, Narayanganj. Today, my first visited place was, the tomb of the sultan of Bengal, Giashuddin Azam Shah. This place is just 200-300 meter east of the "Pach Pir Dorgah".

Most of the people don't know much about the place. So what you have to do is, just take a rikshaw from the "Mograpara Corssing", and ask him to take you at "Pach Pirer Dorga", so before reaching the place, you'll find the tomb at the right side of the road. In fact I have went to the "Pach Pir Dorgah", there are 5 pir(religious person) buried, and you'll find their tomb there. Since I don't like Pir, thats why I didn't take any photos of them. This area is southern of the Mograpara Crossing.

Sultan Ghiyasuddin Azam Shah's Tomb
Ghiyasuddin Azam Shah's Tomb


Sultan was died during 1411 AD, and people believed he was buried here. I have heard there are three graves at that place, but I'm not sure who are the others exactly. I have asked an old man there, and he identified that Giyasuddin as the "Badshah" of Delhi. I was wondering how come a king of Delhi was buried at a remote place like this one!

Sultan Ghiyasuddin Azam Shah's Tomb
A little place for the tourist near the tomb.


There are lots of controversy about this tomb. If you have enough time, you can read those from Google. But this is a place you can visit. I'm not telling you its a must visit place. Just a historical place. Also, don't leave your rickshaw puller there. Keep that guy with you, cause you have to get back to the place from where you started. Its a bit hard to get a rickshaw from that place.

Sultan Ghiyasuddin Azam Shah's Tomb
Another tomb at that place


How to reach:
Its easy to reach that place. I meant the "Mograpara Corssing". You can take bus from Gulistan. There are two bus service available, one is "Sonargaon service", and another one is "Borak". Bus fair is 30 taka. Just get yourself dropped from the bus at "Mograpara Corssing". Also you can take the bus from Comilla or Daudkandi, and get down at "Mograpara Crossing". It will take you around 40 minutes to one hour to reach at the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment