Monday, May 31, 2010

Kushtia: River Padma


Share at Facebook

Saturday, 8th May 2010

river padma, kushtia, kumarkhali

After the first phase of the Mela at kuthibari of shelaidaho, I have moved towards the River Padma to watch it. And then returned back to the Mela area for second phase.

river padma, kushtia, kumarkhali

Padma is the giant river from my country Bangladesh. This river is flowed beside several district like rajshahi, pabna, kushtia. Since I was at kushtia, and the river is just few kilometers from the kuthibari Mela, I didn't miss any chance to visit the river.

river padma, kushtia, kumarkhali

It took only 5 taka van fair to reach the river bank of Padma. Lovely, I simply said lovely. The greenish(teal) water surface of the river, is mind blowing. Other side of the river is Pabna district.

river padma, kushtia, kumarkhali

Lots of fishing boats are moving at the river to catch fish. This river is famous for the national fish, Ilish. During the dry season, this river lost its beauty as well as strength. But still its wide enough, but there are noticible number of island under the water can be easily observe where people are standing.

river padma, kushtia, kumarkhali

I have carried my shorts with me, and I didn't miss the chance to throw my body at the invigorating water of the river after a hard busy day. I couldn't find any better way to cool my body at the end of the day. Lots of people were taking the bath at the river water, and the bank of the river will give you a taste of the beach of Cox's bazar.

No comments:

Post a Comment