Monday, May 31, 2010

Kushtia: River Gorai and the Bridge


Share at Facebook

Saturday, 8th May 2010

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

Now I was heading towards the "kuthi bari mela" at Shelaidah, which is arranged to commemorate the 149th birthday of the royal poet. At the road, I have found the Gorai bridge, which is also called "Mir Mosharaf Hossain Birdge". I just get dropped there to explore the proximity of the bridge.

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

It is very dry season. And I found it was really hard to find the sign of any water. After the river Padma, Gorai is the second largest river at the Kushtia. During the rainy season, Gorai is a ferocious. This is noticeably wide to proclaim this as a giant river.

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

There are two bridge over the river. One is for the railway, and another one is for the bus and other vehicles. You can easily go under the bridge. There is no water under the bridge. Its almost dry. Only the white sands.

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

The sands are not only white, its silky and shiny. Its a great view to watch. But still I'm feeling sorry for the river. Since the river Padma is moribund due to the "farakka dame", this one is also suffering from the same reason.

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

I'm not sure about the length of the bridge. But it took several minutes to cross the bridge. Also after exploring the sandy area, I was almost tired. People are moving towards the "kuthi bari mela" at shelaidah, and every single vehicle is packed with tons of people. So I found it hard to manage any vehicle, until a "Nosimon", local name, came and rescued me from the odd situation.

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

Below are the sandy dry river view of Gorai which are captured by me.

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

kushtia, river, gorai, bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment