Monday, May 31, 2010

Kushtia: Jhaudia Shahi Mosque


Share at Facebook

Sunday, 9th May 2010

jhaudia shahi mosque, kushtia,

This was the second day of my Kushtia tour. At the early morning of 8, I have started my journey to find out the pre mughal mosque at Jhaudia union of the kushtia sadar. I have reached at the "chourhash mor" of the town to find a bus that will lead me at the Jhaudia.

jhaudia shahi mosque, kushtia,

I have found a bus "Kushtia-Haushpur" and bought a ticket for 20 taka to reach at Jhaudia. The stopage for the from the starting point to the Jhaudia are "bhadalia, alampur, bittipara, ujangram, hatia, astanogor, toiltupi". I was watching the stoppage names from the signboard of the shops and making sure not to pass he Jhaudia.

jhaudia shahi mosque, kushtia,

Finally, after around 50 minutes of bus journey, I have reached at the Jhaudia bus stoppage. From there, I had to hire a van that will take me to the Jhaudia Shahi Mosque. This is just 5 taka van fair from the stoppage.

jhaudia shahi mosque, kushtia,

This was another lovely mosque. I love to explore the old architectures, and historical edifices, and this one was what i was expecting. A three dome mosque and its easily readable from the outlook of the mosque, that it was built couple of several hundred years before.

jhaudia shahi mosque, kushtia,

Local people used to believe that the mosque was built by the Allah(God of Muslim people). The reason behind this is, there is no information about the builder of the mosque. No data about who and when it was built. To guide the people, learned scholar people kept a signboard to signify that "No mosques are built by Allah, all are made my human, even the most holy mosque 'Mecca' of Muslims."

No comments:

Post a Comment