Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kushtia: Enjoying the Sunrise over the river Gorai


Share at Facebook

Sunday, 08th May 2010



I was at Kushtia to Celebrate the birthday(25th Boishakh) of our Royal Poet Rabindranath Thakur. It was his 149th birthday. When the bus stopped at Mazampur bus stand, it was 4:00 at morning. And I have already a plan to view the sun rise over the river Gorai.



Sun will rise at 5:15. So taking about half an hour rest, I have reached at the Gorai river bank before 5:00. I have selected the area of "Chad Mohammad Road Ghat" near the "Thana Para". There is a pool made from bamboos are standing still over the river. I took my place at the middle of the river, and i was facing towards the eastern side so that i can easily enjoy the beauty of the sun rise.



Due to the dry season, the water level was really down once again. Thats why the people were easily able to use the pool. Otherwise you have no other option to use the boats from kheya ghat. It took one taka for each person to cross the pool.



Thousands of people are crossing the river using the pool within an hour. Even before the sun rise, people were crossing from the eastern bank(village) to the western bank(town) for the daily work, or for searching the work. Its a nice view, cause the school boys and girls are wearing uniform. Some people from different organization were wearing their uniform. Others were colorful dress.



I found a local guy was setting his net over the river so that he can collect some handsome amount of fish before the sun rise. When the sun was rising, the energetic guy was almost finished to collect his net from the river, and he was busy to gather the fish. His smile from his face was spreading wide along with the sun rise, cause he got the fish that he expected.



There were a small amount of cloud at the sky, and also last night was a rain. I think thats why I didn't get the full beauty of the sun rise. But whatever, this is my first time to enjoy the sun rise over a river. I loved the river Gorai, and the morning was awesome. I can carry the memory of that morning for many years.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the interesting write-ups on your travels within Bangladesh. These are expanding our knowledge as well as entertaining us.

    Please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete