Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dhaka: St Francis Xavier's Girls High School


Share at Facebook

Saturday, 24th April 2010

St Francis Xavier's Girls High School, dhaka, bangladesh

This is one of the best school for the girls, from Old Dhaka. This one is located just beside the Gregory's school. Since it is a girls school, I knew my entry won't be entertained by the school authority. So it wasn't at my visit list.

St Francis Xavier's Girls High School, dhaka, bangladesh
You have to pass the corridor to enter the school


But from a shopkeeper, I came to know it used to remain close at Saturday as weekend. So I took my chance as its off, and I entered the school to visit the school structures. This school was built at 1912 under the same board of the Gregory's school, but later on the board is separated, and now controlling by a different authority.

St Francis Xavier's Girls High School, dhaka, bangladesh
This building contains the classrooms for the girls.


There are two main building inside the school premise. One is U shaped. Half of that building used for the kindergarten students, and rest of it for the school's girls. I mean hostel. The classroom building is L shaped and this one was built at 1993. This white colored white shaped building looks nice, and it has a basketball ground in front of it.

St Francis Xavier's Girls High School, dhaka, bangladesh
Kindergarten building and the hostel


There is a small garden inside the school premise. You can easily find a statue of mother Merry who is holding the earth. This garden is profound with several flower plants and small fruit trees. Also at the other end of the ground, you'll find a flat labyrinth which is nicely decorated.

St Francis Xavier's Girls High School, dhaka, bangladesh
Statue of Mother Merry, who is holding the Earth


The playground for the students is a bit smaller. Also one corner of the playground contains several instruments for the kids, like the seesaw, slipper, etc.

St Francis Xavier's Girls High School, dhaka, bangladesh
Store House


There is a small two stored building inside the school premise which almost looks like the brother house of the Gregory's school. Later on I came to know that its used to keep the exam papers and other stuffs. I think its kind of store house.

St Francis Xavier's Girls High School, dhaka, bangladesh
The Labyrinth

5 comments:

  1. I'm feeling very excited seeing my school after sooo many years........thanks to share the pics and the infos.......now my school looks awsome!!! -Sharmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to see my 3 yrs kid admitted in this famous institute. can any one let me know the admission procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome.I had no idea about this school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving such nice nice pictures of my school. It Reminds me my older days. But It has changes a lot. When I was at school, whole school building Is like that two storied Father's House.
    I think that was much more beautiful than recent one.

    ReplyDelete