Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dhaka: Bangshal Pukur


Share at Facebook

Saturday, 24th April 2010

bangshal pond, old dhaka, bangladesh, bongshal pukur

Bangshal Pukur or Bangshal Pond is located at Bangshal, older part of the Dhaka of Bangladesh. This was the last place for my today's expedition. I was almost tired, and exhausted after visiting the vital locations of the old Dhaka.

bangshal pond, old dhaka, bangladesh, bongshal pukur

This pukur is a private property. Controlled by whom, I don't know. But they are careful about the pond. Its neat and clean. Every side of the pond is plastered well. Also they have kept a road at the every side of the pond, you can use that as your evening or morning walk.

bangshal pond, old dhaka, bangladesh, bongshal pukur

According to the noticeboard, its 930 ft or 275 meter if you walk for one round at the pond's perimeter. So six round will make you one mile, and 4 round will make you around 1 kilometer. They are encouraging the people to walk for good health.

bangshal pond, old dhaka, bangladesh, bongshal pukur

Finally, you can take a bath at the pond's water. It will take only 2 taka per person for the bath. I found few people were taking bath at the both ghat of the pond. There were a cool bridge at the proximity of the pukur. I was sitting at the pukur ghat to enjoy the cool bridge.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bangshal/188264807887988

    Check out the page for Bangshal in Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear,If you want to know more about Bongshal pond please contact with me,My family are the real owner of this pond.This pond was dug 1854. by my Great. Great.Grand father Late Haji MD.Boduruddin or Votto Haji and his brother.
    Thanks Asad Ullah Asif.
    Contact:+8801191154350

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear,If you want to know more about Bongshal pond please contact with me,My family are the real owner of this pond.This pond was dug 1854. by my Great. Great.Grand father Late Haji MD.Boduruddin or Votto Haji and his brother.
    Thanks Asad Ullah Asif.
    Contact:+8801191154350

    ReplyDelete