Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chittagong: River Karnafuli, and Zoom Restaurant


Share at Facebook

Saturday, 27th March 2010


river, karnafuli, bangladesh, zoom


Chittagong (চট্টগ্রাম) is a nice place to travel. Most of my friends who are familiar with Chittagong (চট্টগ্রাম), told me it's not a place for tour or travel. But day by day I found lot of marvelous natural and man made objects to enjoy through my eyes from this port city Chittagong (চট্টগ্রাম).


As a part of our Chittagong (চট্টগ্রাম) tour, me and friends of mine went for a Karnafuli river (কর্ণফুলী নদী) visiting. There is a restaurant called Zoom, just beside the Chittagong-Kaptai (চট্টগ্রাম-কাপ্তাই) road. This restaurant is monitored and managed by the BDR (recent days BGB). Its a nice picnic spot. That day I found lot of students from Rangamati (রাঙামাটি) were there as a part of their study tour.


river, karnafuli, bangladesh, zoom


From the spot, you can enjoy the panoramic view over the river Karnafuli (কর্ণফুলী নদী). This river is flowing nicely, always full with water, whether its dry season or rainy. Both side of the river has small hills, and which is rich with various kind of deciduous trees. As I was there at dry season, I found most of the trees were having no leafs. It's a different kind of beauty. No sign of life, but it's still a charming way to enjoy.


There are several boats at the river, you can have a boat ride using those. Those are a bit costly, but you know you have to spend some money when you wanna enjoy beauty. But still I think they authority can ease about the costing of boat hiring.


river, karnafuli, bangladesh, zoom


I always love to swim at river, but I didn't see any people at the river was swimming. Wasn't sure whether it was permitted to swim on that particular area or not. So I could dare myself to show some courage to jump inside that river.


Zoom restaurant on google map.



River Karnafuli, and Zoom Restaurant,
Chittagong-Kaptai road,
District: Chittagong (চট্টগ্রাম),
Country: Bangladesh (বাংলাদেশ),
GPS Coordinate (22.5068863, 92.1456922)



This article has written by Lonely Traveler,
for the blog http://icwow.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment