Chittagong: Foy's lake & Sea world

Saturday, 27th March 2010


foy's lake


Foy's lake is located at Chittagong. It was created in 1924. It was made using a stream to reserve water so that near by people can access it. I have heard about its beauty from my friends. Most of them have visited that place many years back (may be 15/20 yrs). But for me, I didn't find the lake as beautiful as I've heard from my friends. May be it was hot summer. Also the water level of the lake gone down. May be rainy season would have been a better deal for the visit.





The entry fee for the lake is 150 take. I didn't like the idea of ticketing system as it was maintained by private profitable organization. Also the economy of Bangladesh is not that much developed. Considering the overall population the ticket price is a little bit high (specially when you find the area is not well managed).





Few part of the area was annoying because of the dating couples. It appears that they do not have any dating place other than the jungle, forest etc. Their presence will make you ashamed but they are surprisingly shameless.








There is a sea world at the other corner of the lake. You have to go there using a boat. There is a virtual Wave pool there but the water was too dirty. People were leaving tissue papers, and other stuffs inside the water. I think the authority doesn't bother to replace the water of this place. Also, from my two hours of staying, I found the Wave pool was functioning only for 20 minutes. May be the guys were saving electricity bill.





Also, I found most of the rides are not open yet (though it was 2:00 at afternoon). As I like water, and I was jumping inside the water, It was a bit fun for me. But from my experience, this place shouldn't be listed at your travel list (unless you have nothing to do). You can take your family to enjoy the weekend at there (specially if you are a resident near by), not for travel. Its just a place like Nandan or Fantasy Kingdom of our Dhaka.


Foy's lake & Sea world,
District: Chittagong (চট্টগ্রাম),
Division: Chittagong (চট্টগ্রাম),
Country: Bangladesh (বাংলাদেশ),
GPS coordinate (22.3758573,91.78758)



This article has written by Lonely Traveler,
for the blog http://icwow.blogspot.com/



Comments

  1. As a Chittagonian, I truly agree with u that there is no reason to take 150 tk to visit a lake. it should b open for all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment